SGBC Family News | February 26, 2021
Dear SGBC Brothers and Sisters,
Peace of God be with you! According to the latest guidelines issued by the Ontario Government of moving the York Region into the Red-Control Zone on February 22nd, SGBC will be resuming in-person worship on Sunday, March 14th. Daylight Saving will also begin on that Sunday. Please remember to set your clock one hour ahead on Saturday night, March 13th.
We will resume the three in-person Sunday Worship Services with live streaming at the same time. English and Mandarin services at 10 am, and Cantonese service at 11:30 am. The first phase of the reopening welcomes those who are over 12 and under 70 to participate. Other online gatherings and times remain unchanged.
Pre-Registration Required for In-Person Sunday Worship Service
If you plan to participate in physical worship on Sundays, please register in advance. Under health and pandemic prevention guidelines, and to protect the health and hygiene of all participants in in-person worship service, brothers and sisters who have not pre-registered will not be permitted to enter the church. If you have any questions about the pre-registration procedures, please contact the church office. The pre-registration procedures are as follow:
- Please visit the SGBC website, click on the “In-Person Sunday Worship Service Pre-Registration” link (https://forms.gle/cLk2bMqtAUvswvjK7), and complete the procedures between Wednesday and Friday noon prior to that Sunday. For example, for brothers and sisters who want to participate in the in-person worship service on March 14, please pre-register online between Wednesday, March 10 to Friday, March 12 at noon. Please pay special attention to the pre-registration period of Wednesday to Friday of each week for the registration to be considered valid. It is because it is critical to report your health status closer to the Sunday that you plan to attend in-person worship.
- First, please fill in the "Health Survey", one for each person. For a family of four, please fill in four copies.
- Then fill in the "Seat Reservation Form". Each family only needs to fill in one copy, and the full name of one of the family members must be filled in.
- If the reservation is successful, you will receive a confirmation email stating that you can go to the church to participate in Sunday worship.
If you cannot register online or need special assistance to reserve seats, please contact the church office at 647-547-3618.
- If you are 70 years old or above, have any special physical needs, or have vulnerable family members, we suggest you stay at home and continue participating in online worship until the community’s public health and safety conditions improve and social gatherings are restored.
- Children programs will not be provided during phase 1. Children under 12 should stay home.
Guidelines for physical gathering sites:
- When you arrive at the church, please line up outside the North entrance for English and Mandarin services or the Main entrance for Cantonese service and observe the 6-foot physical distance.
- The usher will verify your registration and take your temperature.
- Everyone who enters the church premises must wear a mask at all times and must thoroughly clean or disinfect their hands every time they enter and exit.
- Areas for activities:
- Cantonese Worship - limited to 1/F sanctuary and corridors, please do not enter other rooms or facilities on 2/F
- English Worship - limited to 2/F Cafe Hall, Room 221 and corridors, please do not enter other rooms or facilities on 1/F
- Mandarin Worship - limited to 2/F Room 226 and corridors, please do not enter other rooms or facilities on 1/F
- Please use designated washrooms for SGBC
- Allow 1 usage in the washroom at a time unless extra help is needed, e.g. seniors or people with limited mobility
- Follow cleaning checklist posted in washrooms
- Eating and drinking is prohibited inside the church building, please do not bring any drinks or food
Although we encourage you to participate in in-person worship, we also understand the different situations and difficulties of individual brothers and sisters. There may be various reasons that you may not be able to participate temporarily, so we will simultaneously broadcast worship online. Please don’t feel pressured. Persist on participating in worship regularly, whether in-person or online live worship, and devote yourself to worship in spirit and in truth, it will be pleasing to the Lord God. We also hope that we can continue to walk with you and share life together, pursue spiritual growth in the Lord and bring Christ’s love to others.
May the abundant grace of God be with you!
Rev. Hubert Wu
Senior Pastor, Stouffville Grace Baptist Church